Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Hot One

Well it is another hot day in Eastern Ontario. Working on getting some lollipops and finger puppets done for next weekend. Decided I should get some more little things done, they always seem to cover the rent of the space. Will have to try to get some new cookies done this week also. There also isn't much room left in the truck so I decided to stay away from making any more larger items for the upcoming show.
This past weekend proved once again that shows are not what they once were. People are much more hesitant about purchasing items. Didn't see any one wandering with big ticket items and I noticed more vendors have little items for people to purchase. Will have to see if I get contacted for any commission pieces.
Hopefully it cools down a little bit so I will feel like finishing my latest quilt. But I just can't face having it on my lap at the moment to finish the stitching and then bind it. Here is a closeup picture of the last one I completed in similar colours. It all started with a mystery quilt box. This is when you are given a box with a piece of fabric and some embellishments/thread. The box then passes from one person to another with each person adding a quilt block they made by using what is in the box. This one ended with 8 blocks as that is how many were in the group. I then added some of Shirley's(Sarum Studio) hand dyes to complete the project. And here is a more overall view.
The new one was inspired by a package of orange hearts I received for a swap. Then I decided to use the words Love and Cherish in various languages for the rest of the theme. So hopefully I will have a picture of the finished quilt for some time next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment