Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Little Things


SO I have been working on a variety of smaller items that would be much easier to ship, partly because they are light. So many of the things I create are awkward, heavy and sometimes breakable.
Day Of the Dead images have long been a fascination of mine. This round of them was started from some swaps I had signed up for on Swap-bot. Also the fact that I have been cleaning my studio(very gradually), and have been finding treasures(aka half finished things). One of the next things on my list are to finish the three wallhangings I rediscovered that are DOD.
Fairy tales have also long been a fascination, I have been collecting books my whole life. I love the older versions. So may of them have been watered down by taking out all the bad parts. Which were kinda the point as they were meant to teach the younger generation the perils of life. The illustrations are also awesome.
Frog Prince is one of a series I started that is the story written on the background fabric with imagery from the story added. The Hansel & Gretal piece was inspired by some wonderful panels I discovered at a local quilt shop. Some of the fabric panels for books that are available are so wonderful. I am drawn to them but never want to use them as is. They just need embellishments and such added.

No comments:

Post a Comment