Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

That Time of Year

It's that time of year again where I can humour my own fascination with the bright coulourful imagery of The Day Of The Dead. It is so fun and funky. It's all such a wonderful combination of bright colours, black, whimsy, flowers, skulls and I like the concept of honouring our descendants. Family is a big part of my life and respecting my elders was taught to me at an early age. Two things I am hoping to pass on to my own daughter.
I also love the fall in Eastern Ontario, the changing leaves on the trees add colour to even the grayest day. In general Autumn is my favourite season.

4 comments:

  1. Whoa, did you made this yourself??? it's soooooooooo beautifull! i really love the colors and details...

    I'll follow you now!
    Bloempje666 (swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I made it for a Day of The Dead swap. I also made another similar for myself. I luv do crazy quilting type things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome atc, I love this time of the year as well! I want to make a day of the dead atc so bad. Gah!!!

    Following you now! I am also from swapbot YAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! And the pink skull, I keep scrolling up to see it haha

    ReplyDelete