Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Measure of A Man


This is a book that is coming up on the Colette Patterns Book Club roster.  https://blog.colettehq.com/colette-book-club/welcome-to-the-colette-book-club 
I lucked out at the local library, got it within a week of requesting it. Wasn't sure if I was going to like the book as the reviews stressed that it was about his strained relationship with his father. It definitely is, but JJ Lee is a very talented writer and did a marvelous job of combining the history of suits, along with the story of a father, a son and a suit as stated in the title. Tailoring and the fact that it is quickly becoming a lost art is something I have been researching quite a bit lately. I enjoyed the book so much that I may have to actually buy a copy for myself. There are lots of snippits of info that I am sure I would use as reference.
Apparently there was also a documentary made about the tailoring shop he apprenticed at in Vancouver, but no luck so far in finding a copy to view :0(

No comments:

Post a Comment