Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Rose Bra


While looking at some websites and forums I noticed that another independent designer had released some PDF patterns for undergarments. So thus I had to check them out. I decided to try the Rose Bra by Evie la Luve. I think where I first came upon her was through Pinterest and Folksy. But I noticed she has a site on Etsy and Craftsy also. 



I went with making a size small which needed the standard 2" out of the back band which I typically have to do with most bra patterns. I find when I do try doing the extra smalls the front is not spaced accordingly. My mannequin has a similar breast shape to mine so as you can see there is space between the breasts. For me to accomplish cleavage a definite push up and over bra is necessary ;0).



Comfort has been my primary concern in my bra making this last bit and this meets that criteria. You may recognize the skull and crossbone fabric from a previous post(I think I have at least 10m of this fabric - deadstock I picked up at some point and my present go to for testing). The stretch lace I used is from Sew Sassy. 

Other thoughts on Evie la Luve
I did have some issues with printing the pattern to get the correct 8cm square gauge but perseverance paid off. Printing it on legal size paper seemed to do the trick.
Instructions included photos along with steps of assembly. Anyone with sewing experience should be able to make the Rose Bra. A good beginner pattern for someone just starting out in making lingerie as there are only three pattern pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment