Pages

Monday, May 17, 2021

Hat Designs


Have been busy designing different hats for my Amigurumi dolls. Finally found the perfect size of styrofoam ball to make some hat stands. Wooden candlesticks + styrofoam balls = hat stands.

Inspiration for hats vary and I have been going down many rabbit holes on the internet looking at official imagery and fanart. It is so easy to get sidetracked when looking at fanart and it is so enjoyable. Lots more hats are in the works as every Gamer Girl Doll is going to need her own hat. Part of the issue so far is to try to keep them simple, many of my design ideas start to get elaborate. Limiting my materials to cotton yarn, felt and embroidery thread is helpful to keep the designs simple. 

The design process for me often includes simplifying my original design concept. It has gotten to the stage where I often don't finalize a design anymore as I just end up eliminating much of it. I now try to keep it all a bit more abstract so I won't overthink each stage. The tendency to get hyper focused is very easy for me and something I try to curb, otherwise nothing gets done. 

Gamer Girl Dolls progress has been going well. The doll wigs I got work well and allow for a variety of hair colour and length. Also found some keychains that mean I can give each doll her own controller :0) It's nice when an idea comes to fruitation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment