Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Basic Hat for Gamer Girl

Many of my hats are started from a base pattern I created.  My preference was for a solid base so I could easily add embellishments like face details and ears so it is done using single crochet. It is a basic pattern and very beginner friendly as the only stitches used are single crochet and increase and it is done crocheting in the round.

The yarn I normally use is #2 (fine) and 100% cotton my finished hats fit a head circumference of 8.5" to 9". My preferred hook size is 2.25mm, recently I have been using a Furls Odyssey as these have become my hook of choice. 



A picture of my Furls Crochet hook collection in the beautiful display case my husband gifted me

 Otherwise I use Clover hooks as I find both these brands much better when crocheting for any length of time. Your finished measurements may vary slightly from mine as it greatly depends on how tight you do your stitches but if you are a creator of Amigurumi your tension is probably similar to mine.

I have been enjoying the process of creating hats for my Gamer Girl dolls. By adding ears and other embellishments it is possible to create little hats for practically any fandom. The inspiration is endless and the possibilities neverending.

Basic Beanie Hat

Round 1     MR 6

Round 2     6inc (12)

Round 3     (1sc,1inc)*6 (18)

Round 4     (2sc,1inc)*6 (24)

Round 5     (3sc,1inc)*6 (30)

Round 6     (4sc,1inc)*6 (36)

Round 7     (5sc,1inc)*6 (42)

Round 8     (6sc,1inc)*6 (48)

Round 9     (7sc,1inc)*6 (54)

Round 10    (8sc,1inc)*6 (60)

Round 11-22  60sc (11rows)

Fasten off



A basic beanie finished with one of the books I use for inspiration






No comments:

Post a Comment